Hazel is developing a solo show 'To The Lighthouse' at the centre de création during a one week residency. During this time she is holding an aerial workshop on the subject of aerial dance as a medium of expression.
There will be two parts to the workshop and exploration of 'everyday movement by a trained body'. Participants need a good understanding of different locks and must be comfortable staying up in the air at different heights. Silks and rope will be the aerial equipment used in the workshop (trapeze available on request). Open to 12 years old and above.
overview: 2-hour intermediate aerial workshop
fee: 20 € members/ 25 € non-members
schedule: Saturday 10am – 12pm
teacher: Hazel Lam
- starts with a warm up on the ground
- first part focuses on different ways of ascending and descending the silks as extensions of the limbs
- second part focuses on creating your own movement into sequences
- sequences are then transferred onto the aerial equipment
- exploration of 'everyday movement by a trained body' on the ground and in the air
- using mostly silks and rope