Producers come in all shapes and sizes from all backgrounds and with a variety of skills. This short course highlights the production process and the different roles of the producer including Executive producer, Creative producer or Line producer. It introduces the participant to fundraising and investment, budgeting and costing, and crucially to contracts and staffing. The creative process is central to the planning and development of productions at all levels. Whether you are an artist wanting to create your own work, a technician wanting to be a producer, or a director choreographer wanting to have more understanding and control, this course will be relevant to you.
There are only 15 places available for this popular course. You must book by 1 April 2018 and pay the full fee to secure your place. Held in the beautiful surrounds of the centre de création, email Paul or Isabelle now to register your interest or find out more.
overview: 4-day intensive in production & project management
fee: 400 € includes accommodation, meals, local airport and train transfers
schedule: Tuesday to Friday, 10am – 5pm with lunch break
teacher: Paul Cockle
pre-requisite: Participants should be working or intending to work professionally in the entertainment industry
- different types of theatres/venues; how they work
- roles and responsibilities in production and technical teams
- design development and planning in all technical areas
- different genres of performance from Opera to Circus; how they change the production approach
- developing the production budget
- hiring and contracting staff and artists
- administration contracts rights licenses and royalties
- marketing ticketing and PR selling your show.
- production rehearsals and how to make them effective
- the technical period from ‘load in’ to ‘opening night’
- running performances
- touring shows
- production problem solving and case studies
- health and safety management and responsibilities